Knowledge: Familiarization with principles of intelligent agents and multiagent systems, Training on various agent development language/system (Netlogo, JADE, JASON, JADEX).
Skills: Design and development of multiagent applications.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction to Intelligent Agents. Different agent types. Features. Multiagent systems. Standardization. Agent architectures: Deductive Reasoning agents. BDI agents. Reactive agents. Hybrid agents. Multiagent systems: communication protocols, Speech Acts, Agent communication languages, ΚQML and FIPA ACL. Agent Interaction Protocols. Blackboard architecture. Contract Net. Negotiation. Auctions. Multiagent Planning. Agent Applications.
Additional bibliography for study
- Fabio Luigi Bellifemine, Giovanni Caire, Dominic Greenwood, "Developing Multi-Agent Systems with JADE", ISBN: 978-0-470-05747-6, February 2007
- Rafael H. Bordini, Jomi Fred Hübner, Michael Wooldridge, "Programming Multi-Agent Systems in AgentSpeak using Jason", ISBN: 978-0-470-02900-8, October 2007
- Lin Padgham, Michael Winikoff, "Developing Intelligent Agent Systems: A Practical Guide", ISBN: 978-0-470-86120-2, June 2004
- Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig, "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach", 2nd Edition, ISBN: 0-13-790395-2, Prentice Hall, 2003.
- G. Weiss (ed.), "Multi-Agent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence", MIT Press, ISBN 0262731312, 1999.
- J. Ferbe, "Multi-Agent Systems", Addison-Wesley, 1999.