• Description of basic laboratory testing on soil materials, unbound
materials, binders, and bituminous mixtures.
• Mix design
• Basic principals of pavement design
• Pavement design methodologies
• Description of mix plants
• Basic principals on pavement maintenance
• Execution of project assignment for consolidation of syllabus
Course Content (Syllabus)
Traffic loads. Soil properties for pavement engineers. Aggregate materials. Bituminous binders, Bituminous mixtures (hot and cold) and mix designs. Laboratory testing of bituminous binders and mixtures. Theories for calculation stresses and strains in pavements. Pavement design methods for flexible and rigid pavements. Pavement recycling. Pavement maintenance.
Pavements, Materials, Construction, Maintenance.