• Understanding the role of computers hardware and software in the operation of companies and
• Gaining experience in computer programming environment
• Gaining basic understanding of core issues related to computer networks and
telecommunications in order to make decisions in a company
• Categorization of computer systems
• Categorization of computer software
• Software installation
• Coding and executing small computer programs
• Configuration and use of network applications and services (wireless access, mail, VPN, digital
• Presenting a project to public
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Hardware used by companies - computer systems categories, hardware resources management
• Software used by companies - software categories, software resources management.
• Programming languages.
• Introduction to computer networks.
• e-Business communications technologies and applications.
• Local Area Networks (wired and wireless).
• Wide Area Networks.
• The Internet.
• Virtual Private Networks.
• Voice - Data networks integration.
• Network security and communications security.
Additional bibliography for study
1. «Computer Networking First-Step», Wendell Odom, Cisco Press
2. «Εισαγωγή στη Πληροφορική», 8η Έκδοση, Συγγραφέας: George Beekman, Michael J. Quinn,
Εκδόσεις: Μ. Γκιούρδας, 2007
3. «The Executive's Guide to Information Technology» by John Baschab, Jon Piot, Nicholas G.
Carr, Εκδόσεις: Wiley, 2007