The course aims that students will acquire knowledge and understand methods, precautions and procedures regarding food analyses’ sampling, identification of fungi, bacteria and hazardous chemicals, qualitative and quantitative controls of species composition, and finally emerging technologies.
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Sampling methodology for microbiological analyses of food
• Molecular and biochemical identification of fungi
• Molecular and biochemical identification of bacteria
• Hazardous Chemicals. Legislation, Analytical procedures, Main types and examples for specific food and liquids
• Qualitative and quantitative controls of fraud in species composition based on DNA analyses
• Chemical analyses of food and animal feed with High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)