After the completion of this module the students will :
1. have understood the law of the particular ecclesiastical regimes in Greek territory.
2. have understood the position and the regime of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople in the national and the international legal order.
3. have understood the law of the semi-Autonomous Church of Crete.
4. have understood accurately and succinctly the Mount Athos Law.
5. be able to write an essay about a topic discussed in class, with the approval of the course director.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Advanced courses on the particular ecclesiastical regimes in Greek territory. The Law of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. The Metropolises of the New Lands. The Ecclesiastical Provinces of the Dodecanese. The Law of the Church of Crete. The Mount Athos Law.
1RST WEEK : THE STRUCTURE OF THE ECUMENICAL PATRIARCHATE OF CONTANTINOPLE
2ND WEEK: THE ECUMENICAL PATRIARCHATE OF CONTANTINOPLE IN THE
INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ORDER
3RD WEEK: THE ECUMENICAL PATRIARCHATE OF CONTANTINOPLE IN THE
TURKISH LEGAL ORDER
4TH WEEK : THE ECUMENICAL PATRIARCHATE OF CONTANTINOPLE IN THE
GREEK LEGAL ORDER
5TH WEEK: THE ECCLESIASTICAL PROVINCES OF THE DODECANESE
6TH WEEK : THE SEMI-AUTONOMOUS CHURCH OF CRETE
7TH WEEK : THE LEGAL REGIME OF MOUNT ATHOS
8TH WEEK : THE CENTRAL AND PERIPHERAL ORGANIZATION OF MOUNT ATHOS
9TH WEEK : THE LAW OF PERSONS ON MOUNT ATHOS
10TH WEEK : THE SPECIAL LEGAL TREATMENT OF ATHONITE MONKS
11TH WEEK : PROPERTY LAW ON MOUNT ATHOS
12TH WEEK : ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ON MOUNT ATHOS
13TH WEEK : THE ORTHODOX DIASPORA
Ecclesiastical Law, Canon Law, Ecumenical Patriarchate, New Lands, Appeal to the Ecumenical Patriarch, Church of Crete, Provincial Synod, Ecclesiastical Provinces of Dodecanese, Mount Athos, Avaton, Holy Community, Holy Epistasia, metochi, KEDAK, Orthodox Diaspora