1. Understanding of the multiple facets of the method used to prepare, shoot and post produce a film
2. Use of all available methodological tools during the film production management
3. Manage and effectively organise the time frame available for a film production
4. Effectively manage all creative or non creative human resources that are included in the film production team
5. Effectively manage all financial resources available for a film production
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course follows, describes and presents in detail the film making stages from development to pre-production and production process till post production.
Case studies are presented in all lectures so as to facilitate theory comprehension.
Case studies are selected in a way so as to familiarize students with various production organisation models. Taking into consideration the circumstances under which a production is set up (market, kind of film, finances of the film, objectives regarding distribution, etc) different film development and production models are studied.
Exercises are used to assure comprehension.
film production, film producing, below the line production, line producer, film production management, film production stages
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Landau, Camille & White, Tiare. 161 μυστικά για ένα νέο κινηματογραφιστή. Μτφρ.: Κατερίνα Κακλαμάνη. Επιμ.: Δέσποινα Μουζάκη. Αθήνα: Πατάκης, 2008
2. Deborah S. Patz, Film Production Management 101, MWP, 2002