Upon succesful completion of the course, each student will have:
• An understanding of the basic functions of costume.
• Basic knowledge of the use of costume and its image in art direction.
• Approached the subject of «Space and costume as an expression of life through time».
Course Content (Syllabus)
This workshop course, consists of exercises through which students:
1. Get in touch with the basic functions of costume and views and acquire basic knowledge of the use of costume and its image in art direction.
• Costume as a necessity to be dressed
• Costume and the body
• Costume and character
• Costume and time
• Costume as a symbol
2. Approach the subject of «Space and costume as an expression of life through time».
• 3. Become familiar with different ways of depicting and designing costumes. . Collecting, selecting and processing visual material (illustrations, photographs, drawings) in various ways.
4. Starting from a given text and the image of a given space, they proceed with exercises of creating costumes through sketches, collages, drawings so that their inspiration is guided towards the composition of a costumes’ proposal.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. R.Arnheim,Οπτική Σκέψη,University Studio Press,Θεσσαλονίκη,2007
2. Foster, Krauss, Bas, Η Τέχνη από το 1900, Εκδόσεις Επίκεντρο.
3. Payne, Winakov, Farrell, Beek, Ενδυματολογία. Ιστορία της Ενδυμασίας, Εκδόσεις Ίον.