Upon completion of the course, students:
Will be familiar with with the SPSS environment and some basic operations.
Will be familiar with the use of the application in statistical data analysis.
Will be able to prepare properly the data base for statistical analysis.
Will know how to manage variables depending on the analysis pursued.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Introduction to the SPSS environment, definitions and types of variables, data entry
2. Handling missing values and labels, data import and export from and to other applications
3. Weighting samples, recalculating into new variables, basics graphs for descriptive statistics
4. Calculating new variables, filters and variable transformation
5. Spliting and grouping data, filter calculations, common functions for filtering data
6. Custom tables and graphs: making and formatting
7. Summary and exercises