Additional bibliography for study
1. P. Koufaki, E. Kouidi. Current best evidence recommendations on measurement and interpretation of physical Function in patients with chronic kidney Disease. Sports Medicine 2010; 40(12):1055-74
2. Mezzani, P. Agostoni, A. Cohen-Solal, U. Corrà, A. Jegier, E. Kouidi, S. Mazic, P. Meurin, M. Piepoli, A. Simon, CV. Laethem, L. Vanhees. Standards for the use of cardiopulmonary exercise testing for the functional evaluation of cardiac patients: a report from the Exercise Physiology Section of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 2009; 16: 249-67.
3. E. Kouidi, D. Grekas, A. Deligiannis. Effects of exercise training on non-invasive cardiac measures in patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Kidney Dis 2009; 54: 511-21
4. L. Vanhees, J De Sutter, N. Geladas, F. Doyle, V. Cornelissen, E. Kouidi, D. Dugmore, D. Vanuzzo, M. Börjesson, P. Doherty and (on behalf of the writing group). Importance of characteristics and modalities of physical activity and exercise in the management of cardiovascular health within the general population: recommendations from the EACPR (Part I). European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, 2012
5. L. Vanhees, N. Geladas, D. Hansen, E. Kouidi, J. Niebauer, Z. Reiner, V. Cornelissen, S. Adamopoulos, E. Prescott, M. Börjesson, and (on behalf of the writing group). Importance of characteristics and modalities of physical activity and exercise in the management of cardiovascular health in individuals with cardiovascular risk factors: recommendations from the EACPR (Part II). European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, 2012
6. Bjarnason-Wehrens B, Mayer-Berger W, Meister ER, Baum K, Hambrecht R, Gielen S. Recommendations for resistance exercise in cardiac rehabilitation. Recommendations of the German Federation for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2004;11(4):352-61.
7. Cheema BS, Singh MA. Exercise training in patients receiving maintenance hemodialysis: a systematic review of clinical trials. Am J Nephrol. 2005;25:352-364.
8. Corra U, Mezzani A, Bosimini E, Giannuzzi P. Prognostic value of time-related changes of cardiopulmonary exercise testing indices in stable chronic heart failure: a pragmatic and operative scheme. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2006;13:186-192.
9. Kouidi EJ, Grekas DM, Deligiannis AP. Effects of exercise training on noninvasive cardiac measures in patients undergoing long-term hemodialysis: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 54(3):511-21.
10. Mezzani A, Agostoni P, Cohen-Solal A, Corrà U, Jegier A, Kouidi E, Mazic S, Meurin P, Piepoli M, Simon A, Laethem CV, Vanhees L. Standards for the use of cardiopulmonary exercise testing for the functional evaluation of cardiac patients: a report from the Exercise Physiology Section of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009; 16(3):249-67.
11. Pagkalos M, Koutlianos N, Kouidi E, Pagkalos E, Mandroukas K, Deligiannis A. Heart rate variability modifications following exercise training in type 2 diabetic patients with definite cardiac autonomic neuropathy. Br J Sports Med. 2008;42: 47-54.
12. Painter P. Exercise in chronic disease: physiological research needed. Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2008; 36:83-90.
13. Kouidi E, Vergoulas G, Anifanti M, Deligiannis A. A randomized controlled trial of exercise training on cardiovascular and autonomic function among renal transplant recipients. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2013, 28: 1294-305
14. Kaltsatou AC, Kouidi EI, Anifanti MA, Douka SI, Deligiannis AP. Functional and psychosocial effects of either a traditional dancing or a formal exercising training program in patients with chronic heart failure: a comparative randomized controlled study. Clin Rehabil 2014; 28(2):128-38.
15. Van Craenenbroeck AH, Van Craenenbroeck EM, Kouidi E, Vrints CJ, Couttenye MM, Conraads VM. Vascular effects of exercise training in CKD: current evidence and pathophysiological mechanisms. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2014; 9(7):1305-18.