The target of the course is the education of the students regarding the theoretical analysis and the modern applications of basic waveguiding and also wireless propagation systems of electromafnetic signals. The education procedure includes electronic presentation(power point) of the theory, as well as examples and project applications being produced by the professor and concering various susbjects of the content of the course.During the presentation problems are also solved, for education purposes, from the professor.
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Guided waves: Maxwell equations and waves guided by transmission lines and waveguides
• Transmission lines(open and coaxial): TEM mode, signal propagation at high and low frequencies, signal quality, standing waves, signal power, matching to the loads. Scattering coefficients of transmission lines as two port networks. Analysis of signal propagation in time domain.
• Microstrip transmission lines: Structural characteristics. Analysis of TEM mode of operation with the methods of a) separation of variables b) Fourier and c)Moment Method. Determination of characteristic parameters of operation. Applications
• Wireless propagation of radio waves and antennas: Radiation of current distributions(Maxwell equations), indices of antennas' operation, antennas in radio-communication networks and radars. Dipole antennas
• Microstrip antennas: structure, analysis of operation kinds of microstrip antennas
• Antenna arrays: Uniform(linear and planar), non-uniform, mutual impedance.