The stucents are expected to:
1. Acquire basic knowledge about three main consumer products of the organic chemical industry: Detergents, cosmetics, paper.
2. Understand the activity mechanisms of the surface active agents, main cobstituents of these products.
3. Get familiar with the production technologies of these products by means of the laboratory practice.
4. Be able to extend the acquired knowledge and experience.
5. Be able to apply the laboratory practice in an industrial scale during their active professional life.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Surface active agents: Kinds, activity mechanisms, applications. Laboratory guidelines for their detection, detergency assessment, preparation of selected detergents. Cosmetics: Skin anatomy, main constituents, selected examples and their constitution and application mechanism. Paper-Paper industry: paper pulp, kinds, constitution, source and production procedure, recycling, whitening, paper making, auxiliaries, paper dyeing, properties, paper conservation.
Surface active agents, anionic-cationic-non ionic, cosmetic, cosmetic kinds-constituents, paper-paper industry.