Course Content (Syllabus)
The course is concerned with the calculation of the effects of fires, explosions or toxic pollutant dispersion on people and materials. In detail
1) At first the possibility of an accident is studied.
2) Study of the different types of fire, and the calculation of the thermal radiation. Using the thermal radiation the probability of burns or death and the effects on materials are calculated.
3) Emphasis is placed on gas cloud explosions and particularly on calculating the overpressure generated. From the size of overpressure the direct and indirect impacts on humans and materials are calculated.
4) Study of the continuous or instantaneous dispersion of toxic pollutants, light or not, and their effects on humans.
5) A brief overview of causes that occur in equipment is presented.
6) Study of various typical large industrial accidents.
Risk analysis, leaks, fires, explosions, toxic gas dispersions