• Know the basic characteristics of the economic dimension of media
• To learn the foundations of the economics of media
• To understand the role of the economic dimension the media
• To sensitize on methodological and practical issues relating to the economy of the media
• to practice analyzing and interpreting the economics of media
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction to Media Economics. The ownership of media. Media and public goods. The degree of concentration of market experiences of media. Strategic competitive advantage of experiences of media organizations. Intense competition and experiences of media market. Strategic alliances experiences of media organizations. The role of advertising and measurement media market. The role of new technologies in the media market. Organisations media a set of contracts. Competition among media industries.