Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction to wireless networks. The Physical Layer of wireless networks. Wireless networks perfrmance measurement. Adapting to the wireless channel condition. Advanded MAC protocols (directional antenna - based, power controlled, energy efficient). Analyzing and Tuning the IEEE 802. 11 Distributed Coordination Function. MAC protocols for QoS. Wireless Data broadcasting systems.
Additional bibliography for study
1. P.Nicopolitidis, M.S.Obaidat, G.I.Papadimi-triou and A.S.Pomportsis, “Wireless Networks”, Wiley, January 2003.
2. W.Stallings, “Wireless Communications & Networks”, Prentice Hall.
3. K.Pahlavan, P.Krishnamurthy, “Principles of Wireless Networks: A Unified Approach”, Prentice Hall, 2001.
4. T.S.Rappaport, “Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice (2nd Edition)”, Prentice Hall, 2001
8. Andrew Tannenbaum, “Computer Networks”, Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall.