Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of this course is the theoretical and practical approach of basic sociolinguistics concepts:
Historical background and birth of sociolinguistics, relation between language and human societies.
- Relations of sociolinguistics with other sciences of language.
- Macro-sociolinguistics and micro-sociolinguistics.
- Linguistic diversity.
- Geographical linguistic diversity: lexical, grammatical, phonetic and phonemic.
- Socio-cultural linguistic diversity.
- Linguistic diversity and age.
- Linguistic diversity and sex.
- Linguistic diversity and communication context.
- Language contact: plurilingualism, bilingualism.
- Sociolinguistics and language policies.