Students are expected that within the course will
• acquire basic knowledge of visual arts teaching methods in primary and secondary education through familiarization with the current curricula, the relevant literature/ bibliography and mainly through experiential processes, thereby linking theory and teaching practices.
• understand the theoretical background and international trends concerning the field of art education and their interrelation with the field of visual arts.
• familiarize themselves with the creation of didactic scenarios and lesson plans, using modern pedagogical methods and concepts in relation to the didactics of visual arts and with respect to visual literacy.
• implement modern, cutting-edge methodological approaches such as art sketchbooks in an experiential way.
• understand the concept of Arts-Based Educational Research /ABER.
• develop personal approaches to art education by gradually linking their artistic with their educational research, by understanding and recognizing the convergence of the fields of art education and visual arts.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Teaching modern methods of Arts-teaching techniques and how to adapt various methods in Greek education requirements.
Design of teaching scenarios and lesson plans based on modern methodological and pedagogical approaches.
Experiential application of cutting-edge methods in the teaching of art internationally such as art sketchbooks.
Development of personal teaching and methodological approaches.
Contemporary art and artists in art education.
Theoretical background of contemporary approaches to art teaching.
Introduction to qualitative educational research with emphasis on arts-based research.
Teaching Arts, Education, child, art