In the course of the lectures, it is expected to attain following results
- basic command of the video camera and the camera. Command of P/C applications editing moving pictures.
- Understanding of the History and Aesthetics of cinema and video art
- Understanding of the particularities of cinematography and editing
- Video editing skills
- Students should become familiar with group work and presenting in groups of their art works
- Students should develop their artistic sense. The creation of personal art work is also a goal of the Department of Visual Arts.
- Combining of theory and praxis through participation in artistic activities.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction to the history of photography and the theory of visual communication. Topics concerning photography techniques. Digital photography. Digital photography editing software (adobe photoshop). During the semester two exercises are handed out, which are then presented by the students and discussed by al students and tutors. The lectures’ essential reading material is uploaded at the educational platform gunet. The teaching needs of the lectures, which are based on digital moving picture, require relevant equipment and digital picture editing software. This equipment is to be found in the PC workroom and the digital studio. Lectures and workshops find place in these rooms.