After the succefull completion of the course the students will be able to
(1) design open channels, culverts
(2) study of natural streams and determine water and solid discharge
(3) determine channel conveyance
(4) determine the effects of bridges on the flow in streams and rivers
(5) design river training and flood protection works
(5) apply computer codes for flow computations in streams and rivers
Course Content (Syllabus)
Uniform flow. Composite roughness. Uniform flow in compound channels.
Hydraulics of Bridges and Culverts
Gradually varied flow in streams and rivers. Computations.
Sediment Discharge in natural streams.Bed Load. Suspended Load.
River training works
The code HEC-RAS (River Analysis System). Applications.
Open channels, Streams, rivers, uniform flow, Gradually varied flow, Sediment Discharge, River training, Bridges