An agronomist oriented in rural economy should be able to think globally but be able to plan and act locally. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able upon the completion of the course to:
1. understand what development we want and what is the role of citizens.
2. familiarise with techniques can we bring about social change in different local communities
3. develop skills as local government officials & experts in Local Action Groups
4. evaluate the role of community Initiative LEADER in revitalising rural areas
5. design practically a local business development plan
6. develop critical skills in evaluating the theoretical and methodological approaches in agritourism
7. broaden professional/research interests
community, governance, local, resilience, Volunteering, social innovation, social capital, CLLD/LEADER, Local Action Groups, bottom up
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Παπαδόπουλος, Α. (επιμ.) 2004. Η ανάπτυξη σε μια πολυλειτουργική ύπαιθρο. Εκδόσεις GUTEMBER, Αθήνα.
2. Κίζος, Θ. 2018. Ανάπτυξη Υπαίθρου. Εννοιες, πρακτικές, πολιτικές. Εκδόσεις ΤΖΙΟΛΑ, Θεσσαλονίκη