Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. to understand the processes of water flow in unsaturated zone of soil
2. to handle and solve problems of water store in soil
3. to find the optimum solution for irrigation water application in the soil.
4. to collaborate and designing case studies of water flow in the soil, irrigation, infiltration of water redistribution and deep percolation
5. to find solved problems of water and solute fate in the soil and the leaching to groundwater
Course Content (Syllabus)
Fundamentals and equations describing the flow of water in soils. Force fields affecting the movement of soil water. Investigation of soil water permeability coefficient. Flow nets, anisotropic soils, various cases of flow movement in soils. Theory and solutions of the differential equation governing the movement of soil water related to drainage, infiltration, capillary rise, drip irrigation, evaporation and soil moisture redistribution.
soil, unsaturated zone, water flow, infiltration