Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. to understand the processes of crop water requairements and irrigations
2. to handle and solve of irrigation programming and apply.
3. to find the optimus solution for water resources use and management for agricultural purposes.
4. to colaborate and desing case studies of irrigation water management, eg natural resources use, irrigation works design and irrigation methods to apply in the field
5. to find solution of using marginal water quality sources, as salty and semisalinity and effluent of wastewater treatment in agriculture
6. to obtain the knowledge to do research in subjects of irrigation, water requirements, unsaturated flow, water mansgement in fields and irrigation networks and use of water resources
Course Content (Syllabus)
Soil water (storage, energy, hydrodynamics). Soil hydraulic functions. Unsaturated water flow. Equations and solutions of water flow in unsaturated soils. Infiltration and redistribution of soil water. Soil – water - plant modeling. Field modeling applications. Crop water requirements estimation. Modern methods for determining evapotranspiration. Investigation of crop coefficients under standard and soil water stress conditions. Yield response to water. Irrigation scheduling with the help of soil moisture balance and optimization methods (linear, dynamic, nonlinear programming with global optimization techniques) for full and deficit irrigation. Pricing irrigation water. Optimal design of farm irrigation methods and irrigation networks.
irrigation, water management, unsaturated flow, evapotranspiration, crop requirements, irrigation methods