Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Orchestral, Orff and traditional music instruments: exploration of clinical use.
2. The body as musical instrument.
3. Handmade musical instruments.
4. Individual and group improvisation: plethora of music modes and styles.
Music Therapists’ interventions: emphasis on mirroring.
5. Composition, musical theatre, song writing, music activities and music stories designed to meet the music therapy goals.
6. Arts interconnection: music, art, theatre, poetry, dance, etc.
7. Music Therapy Group.
8. Supervised fieldwork (50 hours at least).
9. Clinical reports.