Course Content (Syllabus)
• Introduction μικροσυσκευών (applications, advantages, disadvantages).
• Common methods for contructing micro-devices.
• design and study principles for micro-devices (Transition from macro- to micro-scale transport, transport phenomena in micro-scale).
• application of CFD code for the design and study of micro-devices .
• non-intrusive measuring techniques(e.g. μ-PIV, LIF, μ–spectrophotometry etc)
• Εφαρμογές (case studies) ( μ-αναμίκτες, μ-αντιδραστήρες, μ-εναλλάκτες).
Additional bibliography for study
Wolfgang Ehrfeld, Volker Hessel, Holger Löwe, Microreactors: New Technology for Modern Chemistry, Wiley, NY2004