Upon successful completion of the course the students:
- will get familiar with the design and operation of a shell-and-tube type heat exchangers.
- will become acquainted with basic principles and techniques of flow measurement, as well as with the friction losses in flow circuits. In addition, they will become acquainted with basic issues pertaining to the design and operation of centrifugal and other types of pumps in flow circuits.
- will understand how the phenomenon of fluidisation is demonstrated in practice as well as the operation and basic properties of a fluidised bed, and they will link the corresponding theoretical principles with their actual applications in practice.
- will understand heat transfer processes with phase change (boiling, condensation).
- will study refrigeration cycles.
Course Content (Syllabus)
XM7 CHEMICAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY I
Laboratory exercises in fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics and unit operations. Typical exercises: Fluidized bed. Heat exchange with phase change. Refrigeration cycle. Heat exchanger. Measurements in fluid mechanics.
heat trasnfer with phase change, thermal conductivity, heat exchangers, frefrigeration cycles, luidised beds, pumps.