Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Drawing of lines. Typical drawing equipment, the lead drade chart, lines and the line gage, applications of the lines types, layouts in tracing papers, lettering, vertical and inclined letters and numerals.
2. Views of objects. Multiview projection, the glass box, revolving the object, the six views, the necessary views, applications of the types of lines on views, examples.
3. Sectional views – sections. What is a section, the cutting plane, characteristics and applications, section lining, examples.
4. Dimensioning. Size dimensions vs location dimensions, dimensions on views, symmetrical and non-symmetrical dimensioning, examples.
5. Threads and fasteners, standardized items. Standardization in their design, screw thread terms and forms, external and internal thread symbols, use of tables to find out their dimensions and characteristics, examples.
6. Types of sketches – drawings, the title strip, freehand sketching, types of sketches, assembly drawings, the parts list, flow sheets, examples.
7. Designing study. Numbering of items in assembly drawings, numbering in parts list, cross-checking, classification-sorting, examples.
8. Welding of metals. Welding technologies-arc welding, welding symbols, preparing plate surfacesto be welded, technical drawings of simple plate weldments-dimensioning, examples.
9. Computer designing. Introduction to CAD, typews of software for CAD, presentation possibilities in Mechanical Design with CAD, existing machinery for CAD/CAM, examples.