Forest Ergonomics

Course Information
TitleΔΑΣΙΚΗ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΟΛΟΓΙΑ / Forest Ergonomics
FacultyAgriculture, Forestry and Natural Environment
SchoolForestry and Natural Environment
Cycle / Level1st / Undergraduate
Teaching PeriodWinter
Course ID420000103

Class Information
Academic Year2018 – 2019
Class PeriodWinter
Faculty Instructors
Weekly Hours3
Class ID
Course Type 2011-2015
Knowledge Deepening / Consolidation
Mode of Delivery
  • Face to face
The course is also offered to exchange programme students.
Language of Instruction
  • Greek (Instruction, Examination)
  • English (Instruction, Examination)
Learning Outcomes
Choice of the proper working and safety equipment. Ergonomic recommendations for the workplace. Accident analysis. Basic working techniques for Forestry.
General Competences
  • Apply knowledge in practice
  • Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
  • Adapt to new situations
  • Make decisions
  • Work autonomously
  • Work in teams
  • Work in an international context
  • Work in an interdisciplinary team
  • Design and manage projects
  • Respect natural environment
  • Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
Human-Labour/Work/Operation - Ergonomics Work Science. Fundamental terms of structuring work systems. Elements of work physiology. Factors of the working environment. Design and formation of work systems. Work & motion studies. Remuneration of forest operations. Work psychology and sociology. Operational safety and accident prevention. Organisation of forest operations in Greece.
Human factors, ergonomics, work science
Educational Material Types
  • Notes
  • Multimedia
  • Book
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
  • Use of ICT in Course Teaching
  • Use of ICT in Laboratory Teaching
  • Use of ICT in Communication with Students
Course Organization
Laboratory Work20
Reading Assigment20
Written assigments20
Student Assessment
The following options are given: a) Oral or written examination (70%) b) Mini research project (with presentation) (70%). The remaining 30% of the grade is connected to the student's participation inthe lab exercises.
Student Assessment methods
  • Written Exam with Multiple Choice Questions (Formative, Summative)
  • Written Exam with Short Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
  • Written Exam with Extended Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
  • Written Assignment (Formative, Summative)
  • Oral Exams (Formative, Summative)
  • Written Exam with Problem Solving (Formative, Summative)
Additional bibliography for study
Μαρμαράς, Ν., Ναθαναήλ, Δ., 2015. Εισαγωγή στην εργονομία. [ηλεκτρ. βιβλ.] Αθήνα:Σύνδεσμος Ελληνικών Ακαδημαϊκών Βιβλιοθηκών. Διαθέσιμο στο:
Last Update