Upon successful course teaching the intended learning objective is for the students to get introduced to the key aspects of the history of the Slavic and other Orthodox Churches. So aim for the students to know:
1 The History of the Balkan and non Churches.
2 The current situation.
3 The impact on the culture of their countries.
4 The participation in inter-Orthodox and inter-Christian fora.
With their knowledge will enable students to better understand the relationship of these Churches to the States in which coexist and any problems that emerge from the historical relationship.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The history and current situation of the Orthodox Churches of North and South-Slavic and non-Slavic (Albania, Georgia, Finland, Estonia and Romania).
Schedule deliveries per module:
1. General aspects of the Orthodox Church in the Balkans
Two. The Church of Russia
Three. The Church of Serbia
4. The Church of Albania.
5. The Church of Romania.
6. The Church of Bulgaria
7. The Church of Finland.
8. The Church of Poland.
9. The Church of Estonia.
10.The Church of the Czech Republic.
11.The problems of Orthodoxy in the Balkans.
12.The Church of Romania.
13.Ecumenical Patriarchate and Slavic churches.
Additional bibliography for study
1. Δημ. Γόνη, Ιστορία των Εκκλησιών Σερβίας και Βουλγαρίας, Αθήνα 1999.
2. Ιωαν. Ταρνανίδη, Ιστορία της Σερβικής Εκκλησίας, Θεσσαλονίκη 1985.
3. Βλ. Φειδά, Η Εκκλησία της Ρωσίας, Αθήνα 1967.
4. Αθ. Αγγελοπούλου, Ο κόσμος της Ορθοδοξίας στα Βαλκάνια σήμερα, Θεσσαλονίκη 1992.