Upon successful completion of teaching the course, students will be able to einais know the Saints and ecclesiastical personalities of the broader Balkan countries. This will contribute to the cooperation between the Orthodox peoples and cultures. Addition will strengthen the morale of the Orthodox peoples. Finally, we developed the Orthodox Monasticism modeled solitary organization and administration of Mount Athos.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Displays the main ecclesiastical personalities of the Churches of the Balkan Peninsula.
The modules are structured as follows:
1.The Saints Cyril and Methodius in the Slavic tradition
2. Saint Sava, first Archbishop of the Serbian Church.
3. Martyrs Serbian historical context.
4. Nicholas Velimirovic. Saint - protector of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
5. Gabriel Ntozits. Life - ecclesiastical activity - national and social contribution.
6. Saint Justin Popovich and his work.
7. Saint John Rila and the Bulgarian Church.
8. The Martyrs of Bulgaria, historical context.
9. Kosmas of Aetolia - the illuminator of the enslaved Greek race.
10. Neomartyr Nicodemus on Elbasan, Albania.
11. Nektarios Terpos and his work.
12. Saints Romanians.
13. Maximus Graikos and times.
Additional bibliography for study
1. Μιχ. Γ. Τρίτου, Νεκτάριος Τέρπος, Θεσσαλονίκη 1998.
2. Αιμ. Ταχιάου, Κύριλλος και Μεθόδιος, Θεσσαλονίκη 2013.
3. Δημ. Γόνη, Άγιος Ιωάννης Ρίλας, Αθήνα 2004.
4. Θωμά Ανδρέου, Βούλγαροι Νεομάρτυρες, Θεσσαλονίκη 2011.