Course Content (Syllabus)
1. What is the folk tradition
2. The recording of folklore
3. The devolution of the tradition from generation to generation
4. The role of tradition in past years
5. The role of tradition in the modern era
6. The relationship between tradition and Church History
7. The folk songs as a source of the history of the Church I
8. Folk songs as a source of the history of the Church II
9. The folk songs as a source of the history of the Church III
10. The folk art and its relationship to the history of the Church
11. The ecclesiastical art and history of the Church
12. The celebration of folk festivals in the past
13. The role of the popular festivals in the life of Church
Church, folklore, prelates, festivals, customs, folk art ecclesiastical art, folk songs
Additional bibliography for study
Μανόλης Βαρβούνης, Παραδοσιακή θρησκευτική συμπεριφορά και θρησκευτική λαογραφία, Αθήνα 1995.
Ο ίδιος, Μοναστική ζωή και παραδοσιακή θρησκευτική συμπεριφορά, Αθήνα 1998.
Ο ίδιος, Ελληνική λαογραφία, Αθήνα 2012.