- In-depth study and comprehension of authors and writings of the western ecclesiastical literature.
- Critical reading of the sources.
- Critical study, evaluation and handling of the bibliography.
- Production of synthetic study.
- Export scientific conclusions.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The writings and teaching of selected ecclesiastical writers and Fathers of the West are studied thoroughly from the 6th to the 11th century, as a part within the historic, cultural and theological data. The postgraduate student undertakes the study of a writer or a scientific writing. He presents to the audience the findings of his survey, which has as its goal the application of scientific methodology, the highlight of problems and difficulties, individual peculiarities on research, scientific accuracy and extraction of safe results.