The purpose of this course is the research and the familiarization with issues that come out of the co-operation between Pastoral Theology and Psychology as far as it concerns the way of dealing with the "pastoral problem" as a psychological fact. Students will have the chance to gain a deeply knowledge of psychological terms and objects as elements of the knowledge of a man. The search for points of co-operation between Pastoral Theology and Psychology and the role that Pastoral Theology holds as a resource of solutions for the problems, which are created from the morbid religiousness.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Ιntroduction (definitions, resources, sectors, methodology and the schools of Psychology). Personality. Psychology and Religion-religiousness. The History of Pastoral Psychology. The Orthodox Pastoral Psychology.
CONTENTS OF LECTURES
1) Introduction of the subject and its purpose. Presentation of work shop’s assignments and guidelines for their completion. Information on bibliography.
2) Introduction (definitions, resources, sectors, methodology and schools of Psychology).
3) Schools of Psychology
4) Personality. Factors which contributes to personality’s growth. Pathological personality.
5) Teenage crisis and personal identity.
6) Psychology and religion – religiousness
7) The history of Pastoral Psychology. Resources, practical and theoretical guidelines.
8) The pastor as a research psychologist and spiritual advisor.
9) Approved psychotherapy and its association with the patristic therapeutic practice.
10) Sin – disease – cure.
11) The spiritual life and the mental health.
12) Neurosis. Characteristics – effects – cure.
Pastoral care, psychology, personality, spiritual life