1. Model real problems with differential equations.
2. Solve first order ΟDE's and linear systems of ODE's.
3. Solve second order linear ODE's.
4. Use Laplace transform for solving linear ODE's, integrodifferential equations etc.
5. Use fourier series to decompose periodic function as a infinite sum of sinusodials.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Οrdinary differential equations: first order linear and non-linear ODE. Higher order linear ODE with constant or non-constant coefficients. Wroskian. Systems of linear ODE's. Laplace transform, properties and applications in the solution of linear ODE's with constant coefficients and initial conditions. Dirac and Gamma functions. Fourier series of periodic functions. Dirichlet conditions. Parseval formula.