1. knowledge of the main geological-tectonic structures of the Earthcrust and their kinematics and dynamics(ductile and brittle)
2. knowledge of the structural evolution of the Earth lithosphere in the geological time.
3. knowledge of the orogenese mechanism and the main characteristic evolutionary stages of an orogenic cycle (making-nappe stacking and destruction-nappe collapse of the orogen).
4. knowledge of the great geological changes in the geological time of the Earth lithosphere.
5. knowledge of the main geological criteria for the recognition of active (seismotectonic) faults.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Rock deformation. Petrofabrics. Geological structures. Tectonics. Brittle deformation. Folds. Microtectonics and schistosity. Statistial methods. Geotectonics, orogenies, epirogenies.
Ductile and brittle tectonics, folds, faulds, schistosity, tectonic lineations