Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able:
• Τo understand the basic processes and parameters of soil pedogenesis
• To understand the importance of conservation and protection of soils
• To know the soil physicochemical properties
• To know about methods of sampling soil samples.
• To obtain skills in soil analyzes
• To Obtain the ability to interpret soil analyses
• To know about soil classification systems.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Minerals and rocks from which the soils are developed. Factors and processes of soil formation. Physical properties of the soils. Soil moisture and its importance to plant growth. Soil chemical properties and soil fertility. Classification and mapping of soils.
The general chapters of the course are the following:
• The soils around us
• Formation of soils from Parent Materials
• Soil Classification
• Soil Architecture and Physical soil Properties
• Soil Water Characteristics and Behavior
• Soil and The Hydrologic Cycle
• Soil Aeration and Temperature
• The Colloidal Fraction: Seat of Soil Chemical and Physical Activity
• Soil Acidity
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. N.C.BRADY, R.R. WEIL:ΕΔΑΦΟΛΟΓΙΑ, η φύση και οι ιδιότητες των εδαφών, Εκδόσεις, ΕΜΒΡΥΟ - ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΑΔΗΣ ΣΤΥΛΙΑΝΟΣ, 2011
ISBN 9789608002623, Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 12536597
2. Διαφάνειες παραδόσεων μαθήματος(μορφή αρχείου pdf)