1. To understand key concepts involved in crucial plant physiological processes.
2. To realize the relationship between plant morphology and plant function.
3. To comprehend the environmental influence on plant development.
4. To manage, protect and cultivate plants by knowing how plants develop.
5. To be fully informed of the last research advances regarding plant function.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Water and plant cell. Plant water balance. Inorganic plant nutrition and assimilation of mineral nutrients. Mass flow in the plants. Phloem transport. Photosynthesis: light and dark reactions, effects of environmental factors. Respiration, anabolism and catabolism. Introduction to signal transduction. Plant regulators. Seed dormancy and germination. Introduction to abiotic stress.
Water balance, mineral nutrition, photosynthesis, respiration, signalling, plant regulators, stress
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Βιβλίο : ΦΥΣΙΟΛΟΓΙΑ ΦΥΤΩΝ, ΡΟΥΜΠΕΛΑΚΗ-ΑΓΓΕΛΑΚΗ ΚΑΛΛΙΟΠΗ (επιμ.)
Βιβλίο : Φυσιολογία και Ανάπτυξη των Φυτών, Lincoln Taiz, Eduardo Zeiger, Ian Max Møller, Angus Murphy