With the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. To understand and define the proper use of rangelands
2. To determine basic elements of management plans such as, rangeland condition, utilization percentage and carrying capacity.
3. Το know the designed grazing management systems
4. Be familiar with inventory methodology
5. Know how to improve rangeland ecosystems
Course Content (Syllabus)
Rangeland use, carrying capacity, range production improvement. Range relationships with domestic and wild ungulates. Planning procedures, conditions and economic impacts of grazing management systems. Grazing projects development. Range policy.
proper use, stocking rate, utilization percentage, designed grazing managemet systems