After successful completion of the course, students will learn about soil fertility. They will learn about the function and effects of nutrients on soil and vegetation. They will have the ability to assess the suitability of forest lands in relation to the availability and sufficiency of nutrients. They will link the theory to practices of sustainable nutrient management and soil fertilization methods.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction about soils and particulary for forest soils. Factors affecting soil fertility and plant growth. Assessment of soil fertility. Soil nutrients and plant nutrition. Improvement of soil fertility, fertilizers. Use of fertilization in forestry.
The general chapters of the course are the following:
• Soil - Forest soils
• Soil Fertility and nutrients
• The Nitrogen and the Sulfur of Soils
• Phosphorus and Potassium
• Calcium, Magnesium and micronutrients
• Nutrient Management Practices - Soil Fertilization
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. N.C.BRADY, R.R. WEIL:ΕΔΑΦΟΛΟΓΙΑ, η φύση και οι ιδιότητες των εδαφών, Εκδόσεις, ΕΜΒΡΥΟ - ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΑΔΗΣ ΣΤΥΛΙΑΝΟΣ, 2011
ISBN 9789608002623, Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 12536597
2. Διαφάνειες παραδόσεων μαθήματος(μορφή αρχείου pdf)