Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- plan, design, and operate key value-adding business functions (e.g., procurement, warehousing, transportation/distribution) of a company/organization;
- select and use new technologies, information systems and innovative practices in SCM operations, with emphasis on warehouse design and operation, as well as fleet management;
- deploy methods/techniques, measures and metrics for supply chain performance assessment.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The objective of the course is to familiarize students with key and supporting business functions aiming to add value and increase the performance of a company’s supply chain. Furthermore, it examines methods and tools for assessing the supply chain performance and discusses advanced topics and emerging trends in Supply Chain Management (SCM). The course will particularly focus on the planning, design, and operation of key value-adding business functions (e.g., sourcing/procurement, warehousing, distribution, ICT role and support) along the supply chain. Advanced topics, emerging trends and case studies in supply chain management will be also discussed and analyzed. The course will be structured in the following thematic units: i) introduction and basic concepts, ii) distribution channels, iii) freight transportation and modelling, iv) warehouse design and operations, v) procurement management and outsourcing, vi) role of IT in supply chains and vii) supply chain performance.
distribution channels, transport modelling, procurement, warehousing design and operations, ICT role in supply chains
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Chopra, S. and P. Meindl, (2015), Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning, and Operation, 6th Edition, Pearson Education.
2. Chopra, S. and P. Meindl (Επιμέλεια Λ. Τσιρώνης), (2014), Διοίκηση Εφοδιαστικής Αλυσίδας: Στρατηγική, Προγραμματισμός και Λειτουργία, Εκδόσεις Τζιόλα.
Additional bibliography for study
1. Christopher, M., (2016), Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 5th Edition, FT Press.
2. Bowersox, D.J., D.J. Closs, M. Bixby Cooper, and J.C. Bowersox, (2013), Supply Chain Logistics Management, 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill.
3. Harrison, A. and R. van Hoek, (2011), Logistics Management and Strategy: Competing through the Supply Chain, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall.
4. Jonsson, P., (2008), Logistics and Supply Chain Management, McGraw-Hill.
5. Christopher, M. (Επιμέλεια Δ. Βλάχος), (2017), Logistics και Διαχείριση Εφοδιαστικής Αλυσίδας, 2η Έκδοση, Εκδόσεις Κριτική.
6. Bowersox, D.J., D.J. Closs, M. Bixby Cooper, and J.C. Bowersox (Επιμέλεια: Α. Νεάρχου, Φ. Βούζας και Π. Ρεπούσης), (2016), Logistics: Εφοδιαστική και Διοίκηση Δικτύων Διανομής, Broken Hill.