To acquire the ability to do research and gain familiarity with the language, materials and tools of visual arts
The ability to act effectively within a team
The ability to work and take effective practical application with morals, economy and implementation of health and safety rules.
Development of imagination and creativity for the technical implementation in their work
Formulation of key questions and critical discourse joint with projects of other artists
Course Content (Syllabus)
GENERAL FEATURES FOR THE CONTENT OF STUDIES 5th PAINTING STUDIO:
The 5o Painting Studio focuses on teaching and free artistic studio research on painting with a more detailed form. It combines the tradition of artistic practice with modern and diverse ideas in visual arts. Teaching and research on infrastructure "artistic language". The artistic practice with the use of the design or general organization and composition of the pictorial space.
SPECIFICALLY FOR THE 2nd SEMESTER
Exercises on composition and design from natural and non-natural prototype, expanded concept of design, color composition exercises and "basic" plan (Bauhaus), design with shading, drawing with flat form, painting with the use of photography. Using drawing and painting media, graphite, Indian ink, acrylic and oil paints, watercolors. Expanded forms of painting as collage, photography, compositions with "non-painterly" materials etc.
DURING THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE STUDIES CONDUCTED ON the 10 SEMESTERS:
• lectures of invited artists and theorists of art.
• collaborations with other studios and directions of the department, with other departments of the Faculty of Fine Arts of AUTH.
• field trips or visits to major art events, museums and galleries.
• cooperation with cultural organizations and institutions, such as museums and galleries, or art schools of other universities.
• participation of students in the workshop exhibitions in Greece and abroad