Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Particle interactions phase space (Kinematics of particles). Generators of phase space
2. Generators of particle interactions. Matrix Elements of Scattering Matrix of an interaction.
3. Reference to existing generators: PYTHIA, ISAJET etc.
4. Simulation of particle track. Charged particles tracks reconstruction
5. Simulation of Particle trajectories in Magnetic Field.
6. Detector properties simulation, eg Garfield-Magboltz program
7. Simulations of interactions of charged particles with matter and geometry detector devices. Introduction in the Geant program
8. Statistical data analysis. Methods of data comparison with results expected from simulations based on theoretical models and simulation detector devices. Maximum Likelihood Methods and minimization chi2 (Minimum chi-square)