1. They can use all the necessary elements that are used in the preparation of a complete geological map and cross-section.
2. They can obtain all the basic geological elements by having the ability to read a geological map and a cross-section and to proceed in reasonable inferences for the geology of a region.
3. They can make several calculations about the geometry of the map units and the geological structures.
4. They can assess the relationship between the topography and the geology of an area.
5. They can determine the geological evolution that an area has through the geological map and/or cross-section.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1 FUNDAMENTALS ABOUT GEOLOGICAL MAPS
2 TOPOGRAPHY - LANDSCAPE
3 GEOLOGICAL MAPS – MEASUREMENTS IN 3DIMENSIONS
4 GEOLOGICAL CROSS-SECTIONS
5 GEOLOGICA CONTACTS
9 IGNEOUS,METAMORPHIC AND DIAPIRIC ROCKS, ORE DEPOSITS,SURFICIAL DEPOSITS, TECTONITES AND FAULT ROCKS
10 DESIGN METHODS - CALCULATIONS