Upon successful completion of the course students will:
• have acquired the basic knowledge of training theory
• can design exercise programs to improve muscular strength
• can design exercise programs to improve speed
• can design exercise programs to improve endurance
• can design annual training for individual and team sports
• can design exercise programs to maintain and improve health
• can design exercise programs for children, adults and the elderly
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Basic concepts of training.
2. Biological laws and regulations of training.
3. Training principles.
4. Guidance, regulation of the training process.
6. Strength training, basic forms of strength. strength development methodology. Developing strength in childhood and adolescence. Strength development in the elderly. Design exercise programs to develop strength. Assessment of strength.
7. Speed, Forms of Speed. Speed development methodology. Speed development in childhood and adolescence. Design training programs for speed development. Speed assessment.
8. Endurance training, forms of endurance. Methodology for development of endurance. Development of endurancein childhood and adolescence. Development of endurancein the elderly. Design training programs for endurance development. Evaluation of endurance.
9. Flexibility, key concepts, impact factors. Flexibility development methodology. Flexibility and age. Design training programs for flexibility development. Assessment of flexibility.
10. Coordination skills.