Course Content (Syllabus)
The course is interested in the research and study of the sources of ecclesiastical and Byzantine history. Examined the sources: Ecclesiastical Historians, Byzantine Historians, Acts of Ecumenical Councils, Fathers documents, texts, inscriptions, etc. Then analyzed separately and linked to important events of ecclesiastic and Byzantine history.
1. Sources of the first Ecumenical Council.
2. Sources of the 2nd Ecumenical Council
3. Sources of the 3rd Ecumenical Council
4. Sources of the Fourth Ecumenical Council
5. Sources of the Fifth Ecumenical Council
6. Sources of the Sixth Ecumenical Council
7. Sources of the VII Ecumenical Council
8. Letters of the Fathers of the Church and ecclesiastical history
9. The inscriptions on the temples, Church and public buildings as sources of Ecclesiastical History
10. The legal texts as sources of Ecclesiastical History
11. The imperial edicts as sources of Ecclesiastical History
12. The currencies as a source of Ecclesiastical History
13. The memoranda elections bishops as Source of church History
Byzantine Historians, Travelers, Historians, Chronicles, Chronographs, Church, Fathers of the Church, Ecumenical Council