Students and priests will gain special knowledge through the research about the practice of pastoral's work in parishes, institutions and social communities. They will be informed through realistic and direct resources about issues that priests and social workers are facing during their work. Moreover, the co-operation between lay theologians and the parish life, as partners of a pastor, is reinforced.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course includes special issues of pastoral theology and its work field.
CONTENTS OF LECTURES
1) Introduction of the subject and its purpose. Presentation of work shop’s assignments and guidelines for their completion. Information on bibliography.
2) The current identity of the flock. Emphasis on special social teams and pastoral interests related to these teams.
3) The individual action and pastoral’s involvement into challenging social teams.
4) Methodological structure (Prevention – Treatment – Restoration).
5) Pastoral on the edge.
6) Pastoral for the addicts (alcohol – drugs – internet – gambling etc)
7) Pastoral for prisoners
8) Pastoral for immigrants
9) Pastoral for health – disease.
10) Pastoral and Medical Centres.
11) Pastoral and Bioethics.
12) Pastoral and Foundations (nursing homes, orphanages, boarding houses, institutions for abused women, abused children, unmarried women etc.)
13) Pastoral and marriage – family (parent schools, counselling for people who are about to get married, pastoral and divorce).