At the end of the semester the student will be able to:
1. have knowledge of film production's several stages
2. get to know ways to compile a plan for producing, distributing and selling a film
3. manage creatively human resources
4. get to know methods of developing film projects
5. learn ways of distributing and promoting films
Course Content (Syllabus)
Concepts and positions in the film production are discussed.
Students come to contact with the stages followed in the film making process:
Development, drafting of a business plan, developing presentation and promotion of the film, financing efforts, searching for the crew members and the team which will participate, contacting distribution and sales network, preparing production below the line, shooting the film, post production of the film, promoting and selling the film.
The role of the producer, scriptwriter, director and other crew members is presented along with the roles of the rest of the production team.
Concepts such as Co-producer, Executive Producer, Associate Producer, Line Producer, Production Manager etc are discussed
film development, film production, film distribution, film marketing
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Mark Steven Bosko, The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook, MWP, 2003
2. Eden H. Wurmfeld, Nicole Shay Laloggia, Independent Filmmakers Manual. Elsevier, 2004