Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Understand the basic aspects of cereal processing and production of cereal-based foods.
2. Recognize the influence of processing conditions on the quality of cereal products.
3. Recognize the influence of the components of cereal seeds on the quality of cereal products.
4. Recognize the influence of flour additives on the quality of cereal products.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Structure of cereal grains
2. Food products of cereal grains
3. Nutritional value of cereal grains.
6. Other components.
7. Dry milling.
8. Wet milling.
9. Corn technology: starch, starch syrups.
10. Rice technology.
11. Oat technology
12. Dough rheology.
Additional bibliography for study
Τεχνολογία Δημητριακών, Νικήτας Ματσούκας (σημειώσεις).
Baking the Art and Science: A practical Handbook for the Baking Industry, Claus Schünemann, Günter Treu, 2007.
Cereals processing technology, Gavin Owens, 2001.