The student in the frames of this course is expected to:
1. Know the species of microbes which are involved in the pulpal and periapical diseases.
2. Be familiarized with the mechanisms of the development of pulpal and periapical inflammation.
3. Have the knowledge in order to diagnose pulpal and periapical diseases.
4. Have a deep comprehension of the mechanisms of action of microbes in the pulpal and periapical tissues.
5. Have the ability of differential diagnosis of pulpal and periapical disease.
6. Have the feeling and the knowledge whether an endodontic therapy has to done or not.
Course Content (Syllabus)
This course includes:
Dentinal tubules’ bacteria invasion
Root canal infection
Periapical lesions’ microbiology of endodontic origin
Bacteria biofilms in endodontics
microbiology, caries, dentinal tubules, pulpitis, periapical pathosis