Before the completion of this course each student:
1) Should be able to understand and display knowledge on sound technology systems, and audio recording devices and techniques.
2) Should be able to display practical skills in sound recording of musical instruments
3) Must carry out a record of a musical performance himself.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Topical outline of the course:
1. Electroacoustic recording devices
2. Sound recording systems
3. Sound recording techniques
4. Audio processing software
5. Sound recording in the concert hall
6. Sound recording in the recording studio
7. Basics of digital sound processing
Additional bibliography for study
1. Hurtig, Brent., Sharp, J. D. (1988). Multi-track recording for musicians.GPI Publications ; Alfred Pub. Co.
2. Ballou, Glen. (1991). Handbook for sound engineers: the new audio cyclopedia
Howard W. Sams & Co.