Therapeutic factors in group music-psychotherapy at a supportive level.
1. Discovery and acceptance of unknown or unacceptable sides of myself.
2. The possibility of sharing my thoughts instead of keeping them to myself.
3. The other members tell me honestly their thoughts about myself.
4. I learn how to express my feelings.
5. My group is aware of the impression I give to others.
6. I learn how to express and sublimate my negative/positive feelings toward the other group members or the therapist.
7. I am aware that I must take the final responsibility for the way I live, independently of the guidance and the support I receive from others.
8. I learn how to communicate better with others in symbolic and realistic ways.
9. While witnessing others benefit from revealing embarrassing issues and they take the risk to share them, I get help to do the same.
10. I learn how to trust groups and other people.
Number of participants: Up to 10 students, of 4th year of studies and up, who wiill be selected according to specific criteria of personal maturity.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of this class is to offer to the student the possibility of personal training in music therapy clinical issues concerning self awareness, communication, self growth and psychosomatic well being through different models of group music-psychotherapy.
This class includes a systematic experiential training in groups, offering the possibility for active participation as well as for observations of another group. The training focuses on the special use of music listening, of improvisation and composition mainly in groups. There will be offered the possibility for investigation and discussion of the different models of group music-psychotherapy at a supportive level.
Group music-psychotherapy is a form of therapy where some carefully selected members are ivited to help one another in order to move on some changes concerning issues of self growth. The group is conducted by a trained therapist.
music, psychotherapy, groups, self growth, active, observant