The course introduces students to the Principles of Advertising and to basic knowledge of Advertising Management.
The objectives of the course are to acquaint students with the principles of integrated marketing communications, the role of advertising agencies, media planning, creative strategies and advertising effectiveness.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Marketing communications is one of the most exciting and stimulating areas in modern marketing. Its popularity as an area of study has grown consistently over the years. The course begins with the introduction to the concept of advertising, as an element of the promotional mix and examines advertising’s social and economic role. It continues by focusing to the planning process and analyzes the steps. It sets the advertising objectives and the target audience action objectives. It examines Hierarchy Models of Communication Effects. (DAGMAR, A.I.D.A R.P.Grid). Then it presents the methods of advertising budget allocation. The creative strategy process and execution (Layout, Art and Copy) are examined. It points-out the importance of a detailed “brief”.. Copy Development (content, U.S.P., differentiation, side-effects, Ad-Headlines, slogan, logo, radio and T.V. copy), images, color, visual imagery are discussed. Media planning, advertising effectiveness and the structure of an advertising agency are examined.
advertising, creative strategies, advertising plan, media planning
Additional bibliography for study
1.Διαφήμιση και Προώθηση, 10η Έκδοση, (2016), Belch G. - Belch M., ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Α. ΤΖΙΟΛΑ & ΥΙΟΙ Α.Ε.
2.Ουίλλιαμ Λαϊς κ.α. (2008), Διαφήμιση και Επικοινωνία, εκδόσεις Καστανιώτη.
3.Scott Purvis (2011), Which ad pulled best?, New York: McGraw-Hill Co.
4. Θ. Κουτούπη (1987), Η Διαφήμιση και τα Μυστικά της, Αθήνα: Εκδότης Γαλαίος
5. Rossiter, J.R., and S. Bellman (2005), Marketing Communications, French Forest N.S.W.: Pearson Education Australia.
6. Smith, P.R., and J. Taylor (2003), Marketing Communications: An Integrated Approach, London: Kogan Page Limited.
7. Tellis, G.J. (2004): Effective Advertising, Thousand Oaks Ca: Sage Publications
8. Wells, W., J. Burnett, and S. Moriarty (2003), Advertising Principles and Practice, Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
9. Μ. Χαιρετάκης (2008), Τρία Κείμενα για την Πολιτική Διαφήμιση, Θεσσαλονίκη: University Studio Press.